Eligibility Requirements and Guidelines Governing Assistance
To be eligible for assistance, applicant must:
- Be a member in good standing of the Arabian Horse Association (AHA)
- Be a widow/widower, spouse, or dependent of a member in good standing of The Arabian Horse Association (AHA)
- Be in good standing with the USEF, if a member of this organization.
- Have a lawful financial need.
- Be willing and able to substantiate said need in writing, and supply Board members with whatever documentation is requested.
* Please note that this fund is to
Guidelines Governing Assistance:
- Assistance will be given to needs arising from unexpected, calamitous events.
- Need is not defined as a total lack of assets.
- Need cannot be on a continuing basis.
- Need can only be for necessities.
- Assistance will not be in the form of cash.
- Cosmetic surgery will not qualify
- There will be no horse business pay off caused by bad management.
- Need arising from workers compensation situations may not qualify.
- Assistance can be given on a grant or loan basis.
- An applicant may appear before the Board, either in person or via tele-conference, to present his/her case.
- The Board of Directors retains the final interpretation of all guidelines, and has full and final discretion as to the dispensation of funds.